Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sugar Free "Shamrock" Mousse

First Thank you to a good friend who inspired me to make a bariatric friendly version of the Shamrock shake after she made a version of her own at home..you know who you are:) Second a disclaimer: Just because I say "bariatric friendly" doesn't not imply by any way shape or form I am condoning you eat this morning noon and night, or that it doesn't have calories and fat and all the other bad evil stuff. It's a DESSERT, it just happens to be sugar free so I am able to partake without going into a sugar coma. I state this because I once posted another sugar free dessert recipe on a forum for RNY'er and they came out of the woodwork slamming me because I didn't stipulate these things...again my theory...IT"S A DESSERT...it's a sweet treat not a meal. Anyhoo here we go...

1 box sugar free vanilla mousse mix
Soy Milk
Vanilla extract
Mint Extract
green food coloring (it is a shamrock shake after all!)

Whip mousse together according to box directions, add vanilla and mint extract to taste (note: a tiny bit of mint goes a long way so start small) and food coloring.


You do not have to use soy milk,(I am lactose intolerant since RNY so I do)
The vanilla soy milk would taste good too!

Now you have 2 options
A. cover and refrigerate according to the directions on the box
OR
B. Grab a spoon and go to town
(I vote B!!) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment